Call us today for a FREE consultation! We would love to show you how well this treatment works!
Sports chiropractic is not your typical chiropractic and it is much more than just spinal adjustments (back popping). It involves a higher level of training; usually 100s of hours of post-graduate work focused on helping you avoid surgery and maintaining optimal performance.
There are 5 additional techniques that sports chiropractors use to heal sports injuries and exercise induced injuries.
- Muscle/Connective tissue treatment: Deep, firm, slow pressure must be used to correct the injured tissue. This is often painful.
- Mobility testing: Testing each joint to make sure it has the correct range of motion. If a single joint lacks correct range of motion you are forced to compensate which puts you at higher risk for injury.
- Corrective Exercise: Corrects limited joint range of motion and weak muscles.
- Rehabilitation: Specific activities and exercises to stimulate the healing process in muscles, fascia, ligaments and tendons.
- Kinesiology Taping: Not all sports chiropractors use kinesiology taping, but I highly recommend it to help support the injured tissue(s).
- Special Techniques: Neuromobilization for sciatica and McKenzie exercises for spinal disc problems.
By using a combination of these techniques, instead of only spinal adjustments, we are able to heal your injuries fast. At Denver Sports Injury Center we average 3-4 visits to heal your injury.
If you are struggling with an injury and are thinking of surgery give us a call, 720-432-4450, and see what sports chiropractic can do for you!